GUEST BLOGGER: Brittney McNutt
One of my very favorite holiday traditions kicks off on December 1st and lasts the entire month: bottomless hot chocolate! Our kids don’t have to ask for hot chocolate (except the littlest ones who need help making theirs, of course) and they get to have as much as they want throughout the month! I love a good cup of hot chocolate this time of year, but my heart always belongs to coffee! So when Jasmine reached out and asked me to share a festive holiday coffee recipe, I was so excited to share one of my favorites!
Today I’m sharing a holiday coffee that is so easy to make & you don’t need any fancy equipment! It’s packed with my favorite seasonal spices like cinnamon & nutmeg, and tastes like a cup of Snickerdoodles. Santa would be so proud!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1/2 cup of Strong Coffee or Espresso
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- A pinch of Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Milk of choice (I used oat milk)
- Fill your Santa mug half way with hot coffee, or add a shot of espresso.
- Add milk to a glass and warm in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to the warm milk & froth using a frother.
- Pour the warm Snickerdoodle milk into your coffee.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon!
Note: If you don’t have a frother at home, you can still make the Snickerdoodle milk using a mason jar! Just add milk to a mason jar, be sure to leave enough room for the milk to froth. Secure the lid and shake vigorously for about one minute. Remove the lid and microwave for 30 seconds, this will help bring the foam to the top.
‘Tis the season for indulgent coffee and cookies for breakfast!
If you tried out this recipe, make sure you tag us on social media so we can see your festive drinks in action! Let us know in the comments what you think.